♡ WELCOME TO OUR PARTY
ღ JASMINE ; KOKORO 's blog.
« back
Updates: Birthday, Semester Exchange in Korea
Posted on: Saturday, July 13, 2019 ( 12:49 AM )
0 comments. // Leave a comment.

The last post on this blog was in January and its July now.... but hey at least I'm here now!! Honestly, ever since university started for me 2 years ago, I had kind of forgotten that I have a blog even though it's linked on my instagram page that I visit almost every other page HAHA. 

I do want to try to post here more often but there isn't much for me to write about... I'm studying most of the time during the semester, and I'm working most of the time during the breaks, so there isn't much happening for me.

Since I have a youtube channel, when I go on trips, I would take more videos instead of photos just in case I want to post a vlog, so I don't really have the content for me to write a blog post about since it would be rather plain to write a travel post without photos.

I will be celebrating my 21st birthday soon in August, and I will also be heading off to South Korea for my semester exchange in August as well. Hopefully these 2 events can motivate me to write more? I do plan to write more during my exchange though, as a way to record my experiences and memory in Korea, but I also plan to vlog more as well so I guess we shall see which platform gets more update HAHAHA. 

I'm quite excited for my semester exchange but at the same time I'm quite disappointed by it. All exchange students are required to stay in the dormitory in the university and the dormitory has a curfew of 12am?? This means that I cannot enjoy the night life in Korea... and I cannot order delivery for my late night snacks/meals after 12am because I won't be able to collect it!!!!!! I read a blog post by this guy that went for exchange at the same university as me complaining about the curfew of the dormitory and he talked about how his friend had to tie belts in order to fetch the delivery food from the window. At first when I read the post, I was quite amused but then I realised that might be me in the next few months lol fml. Thankfully there's an online system to request for going out after 12am or something like that, so I hope that the number of times I can request is not too little lol if not I will be so sad HAHA.

The process of applying for this exchange wasn't really smooth as well, because I initially wanted another university in the same city but I wasn't offered the school in the first round of application. During the second round of application, I tried again and I wasn't offered. I only knew about the reason why I was rejected after my senior told me, and the reason was that the university will not be offering math courses for the next semester. However during these 2 rounds, I was emailing my school about the courses offered in this university I wanted and they did not notify me about it at all. Also, all those who did not get the offer received an email stating that the university will not be offering math courses for the next semester except for me!!!! I was super frustrated then because by then, I have wasted 2 rounds of application and most of the schools did not have any spots left. So in the end I decided to just apply for the school that I was offered in the first round, which is the school I will be going to next month.

The bad thing is that I won't be able to clear core modules there. I can only take electives there which is kind of dumb because most students would want to clear their harder core modules overseas so their grades do not suffer. Also, I only have 1 more semester in NTU (my last semester will be for internship) after this exchange so I must clear my remaining required core modules next semester. BUT THE THING IS, I MIGHT NOT GET THE MODULES DURING REGISTRATION, AND THE MODULES MIGHT NOT BE OFFERED NEXT SEMESTER!! If this happens, I will have to drop my accelerated bachelor program and take 1 more semester... which honestly suck because I worked hard and overloaded for my previous semesters just so that I can graduate one semester earlier. I'm still hoping that everything works out and that the school will let me take the modules I want to take.. wow I was really stressed about this whole thing during the previous semester. :")

For now, I'm just trying to earn as much money as I can through my part time jobs since my birthday celebration and semester exchange program will take up a lot of money. I'll try to update again soon, but every time I say this, I only update like half a year later HAHAHA. We shall see when's the next post hehe. Till then,

Cheers!


IMG_1362
Jasmine ; Kokoro
www.jasminekokoro.blogspot.com

♔ Biography.

Oh HELLO!

I'm Jasmine, Singaporean and I loooooooove to shop and most importantly, sleep! I'm a 7 August 1998 baby, celebrate it with me.
I'm deeply in love with anything Japanese and that's one of the reason behind "kokoro"!
I'm a student, blogshop owner of thshopicrazy, and I blog!
Enjoy your stay here, because you're gonna come back here for more ♡.

For enquiries, advertorial and sponsorships, email
thshopicrazy@gmail.com
_____________________________________________
♔ Follow me.

@jasminekokoro
_____________________________________________
♔ Banners.

Email me at thshopicrazy@gmail.com for rates to place your ads.



Designer: themangacritic
Fonts (I) // Fonts (II) // Background // Icons // Blog Host // Picture Host // Chat box // JavaScript
Lyrics from the song "Welcome to our Party" by Arashi.

_____________________________________________
♔ Achieve & Past.