♡ WELCOME TO OUR PARTY
ღ JASMINE ; KOKORO 's blog.
« back forward »
Korean Beauty Haul Part I: Skincare
Posted on: Tuesday, July 4, 2017 ( 4:48 PM )
0 comments. // Leave a comment.

During my Korea trip earlier this month, I spent most of my money on Korean beauty products and as an attempt to maximize the money spent, I will be sharing with you my Korean beauty haul! As I bought a lot, like really A LOT of beauty products, I will be splitting this haul into two parts: skin care and makeup. 

In today's post, I will be sharing the Korean skin care products that I bought from Korea and my short reviews. These will not be in depth review because this blog post will be too long, but if there are any products here that you want a review on, do let me know! (You can read my Korean Beauty Haul Part II: Makeup HERE!)

I will categorize the haul by brands because it's easier to read and more organized.


Innisfree

Innisfree is my favorite Korean beauty brand because not only is it available in Singapore, it is also affordable. Since it's even cheaper in Korea, I had to stock up on the products that I use regularly.

The green tea seed serum, Super volcanic pore clay mask, Orchid enriched cream

If you shop often at Innisfree and signed up for their membership, you will realize that these 3 products are exactly the 3 sample sized products you received in your welcome kit HAHA. I guess Innisfree did a good job in selecting the products for the welcome kit because I love these products. My favorite out of the 3 would be the green tea seed serum because it is lightweight and moisturizing enough. I actually bought 2 of this because I know that I will go through them really fast omg.

Bijia essential oil

The bijia essential oil, along with other essential oils such as camellia, is exclusive to Innisfree Jeju House and you cannot get this line anywhere else. Bijia essential oil treats troubled skin and I chose this because I have acne prone skin as well as numerous acne scars. Also, since I went to the Innisfree Jeju House, it makes sense to buy something that is exclusive right?

Fresh Topping Pack Clay Base, Green Barley and Walnut

I think this concept is also exclusive to Innisfree Jeju House and the reason why I bought this was because it is interesting. You are supposed to mix 2 powders of your choice into the clay base and mix to get your desired clay mask, and each powder has its own benefits like moisturizing, brightening etc. I would have gotten more to play around with but at that point of time I was already quite broke so I only got one set.

It's real squeeze mask

These masks from Innisfree are my favorite and go-to masks because they are really moisturizing as compared to other brands of the same price range. In Singapore, it's $2 per piece but in Korea, it's only $1+ per piece so I had to take the chance and stock up on these babies. I would have bought more but I had also bought tons of masks from other brands so I had to limit myself to 4 packs of 10 pieces which are still a lot HAHA.

Nature Republic

This brand is not available in Singapore and I have some regrets about this brand because there are some products that I should have bought but did not, such as their blushers and eyeshadows.

Aloe Vera 92% Soothing Gel

I happened to chance upon this beauty Youtuber that raves about aloe vera and how it is effective in calming and reducing the redness and tiny bumps on our faces. She recommends putting a thick layer of aloe vera gel before going to bed as something like a sleeping mask. Since Nature Republic's Aloe Vera 92% Soothing Gel is pretty popular and cheap as well, I decided to get one and try for myself. 

I would say that it does help to calm down my skin sometimes but not every time. The tiny bumps on my forehead disappeared but those on my cheeks remained so I guess I will continue to use it and hope that it clears out those on my cheeks as well.

Natural Olive 1 min Dry Shampoo, Argan Essential Oil Hair Mist

I was googling online for affordable hair products to buy in Korea since my hair is damaged from bleaching and dyeing, and the Argan Essential Oil Hair Mist caught my eyes because it is quite cheap. Argan oil is known to be beneficial for hair because of the Vitamin E and I like that this is in a mist form because it is more convenient.

I also bought the Natural Olive 1 min Dry Shampoo even though I already am using Batiste dry shampoos, I wanted to try something else as I do not really like it?

Real Nature Mask Sheet

Omg these were on 1+1 which means $20+ for 40 pieces of masks. How to not buy??

Etude House

I don't usually shop at Etude House in Singapore because I prefer Innisfree so when I was in Korea, I didn't really shop at Etude House except to help my friend to buy some stuff.

Green Tea Nose Pack

However, I did pick up their Green Tea Nose Pack because like many other, I have blackheads and whiteheads on my nose that I want to get rid of. Like the one from the Innisfree volcanic series, this does not really work for me as well but honestly, I wasn't expecting it to work in the first place LOL. Been disappointed by too many nose packs.

Skin Food

I only got one item from Skin Food because only their wash off masks and exfoliators line appealed to me.

Wash off Rice Mask

This claims to help brighten skin tone and also keep the skin healthy. However, I have not used it yet so I have no idea whether it is effective or not.

Laneige

Laneige is popular for their water sleeping mask as well as their duo tone lipsticks but I didn't get any of those. I kind of regretted though because their water sleeping mask is pretty good, but then again, I already have so many skin care products.

Lip Sleeping Mask (Berry)

Instead, I got the Lip Sleeping Mask for both myself and my mum because the both of us have very very very dry and chapped lips. It does a good job in melting the dead skin and whenever I use it, I wake up with smooth and soft lips that are perfect for lipstick application. 

The downside is that it is really thick and sticky so when I apply it with my fingers (they do give you an applicator to apply it), my fingers are still a little sticky after washing and damn, strands of my hair keep getting stuck to my lips.

Labiotte

I shopped at this brand mainly for the wine lip tints and lipsticks which I will share about in my makeup haul post, but there were a few skincare items in mind that I was thinking about getting.

Deep Moisture Cream Mist

I ended up only getting this because it is something that you can't really find somewhere else. Like what the name suggests, the Deep Moisture Cream Mist is a mist that has a cream base unlike the usual water based mist you find anywhere else. This means that the mist is even more hydrating and whenever I am lazy, I would just skip moisturizer and spray this over my face.

Cosrx

I have heard so much about this brand, especially through joankeem on Youtube. Cosrx products are good for treating acne as well as acne scars which were what pulled me to this brand. Their products are also suitable for sensitive skin types as well so if you have both sensitive and acne prone skin, this may be the perfect brand for you. You can get Cosrx products in Aland stores in Korea.

I'll be doing a review on their products in a separate post so if you are interested to know about the effectiveness of their product, do look out for that post! I'll link it here when I'm done with the review.

Advance Snail 96 Mucin Power Essence, Aloe Soothing Sun Cream, Centella Blemish Cream, One Step Moisture Up Pad

Acne Pimple Master Patch

Holy Moly Snail Mask

Klairs

I also learned about this brand from joankeem because she introduced the Freshly Juiced Vitamin Drop which helped to fade her acne scars. 

Freshly Juiced Vitamin Drop

It is only this year that I started to have many acne scars and they don't seem to heal which worried me. As this product has both Vitamin C and Centella extracts which help to fade acne scars, I really wanted to get it because I wanted my acne scars to lighten as much as possible. 

This did contribute to the fading of my acne scars, together with some of the cosrx products. My skin also became a little brighter. I also use a tiny bit of this on my dark circles and it does help to brighten up that area as well.


If you are visiting Korea anytime soon, I hope this post had helped you to discover some new brands or add more products to your shopping list. Do let me know if you want any reviews and also, watch this space for my makeup haul blog post!

You can read about my Korean Makeup Haul HERE!

Cheers! 


IMG_1362
Jasmine ; Kokoro
www.jasminekokoro.blogspot.com

♔ Biography.

Oh HELLO!

I'm Jasmine, Singaporean and I loooooooove to shop and most importantly, sleep! I'm a 7 August 1998 baby, celebrate it with me.
I'm deeply in love with anything Japanese and that's one of the reason behind "kokoro"!
I'm a student, blogshop owner of thshopicrazy, and I blog!
Enjoy your stay here, because you're gonna come back here for more ♡.

For enquiries, advertorial and sponsorships, email
thshopicrazy@gmail.com
_____________________________________________
♔ Follow me.

@jasminekokoro
_____________________________________________
♔ Banners.

Email me at thshopicrazy@gmail.com for rates to place your ads.



Designer: themangacritic
Fonts (I) // Fonts (II) // Background // Icons // Blog Host // Picture Host // Chat box // JavaScript
Lyrics from the song "Welcome to our Party" by Arashi.

_____________________________________________
♔ Achieve & Past.