♡ WELCOME TO OUR PARTY
ღ JASMINE ; KOKORO 's blog.
« back forward »
Black Peony: Virgin IPL experience
Posted on: Saturday, June 17, 2017 ( 1:50 AM )
0 comments. // Leave a comment.

I have always been a hairy person since young. Bushy eyebrows, hairy arms, hairy legs, etc etc. Almost everyone has something that they are insecure about and as for me, this is one of the insecurities that I have. While I have learned how to fix my eyebrows and appreciate the fact that at least I have eyebrows to work with, my hairy arms and legs were still a concern.


I have dark and long arm and leg hairs and it is really obvious in real life, most of the times visible in photos. Almost all of my friends have commented on my arm and leg hairs, and while most of the time it's not an unpleasan comment, it has always bothered me.

It's a hassle to shave and wax as you have to do it frequently. However, when I learned about IPL, I knew that it was something I want to do when I have the money, to get rid of these unsightly hairs.

Buddha must me on my side for this one lmao because I was scrolling through facebook and I happened to see Black Peony looking for ambassadors for their salon.

So here it is: My virgin IPL session for my arms at Black Peony!



If you haven't heard of IPL, which stands for Intense Pulsed Light, it is a form of light therapy used for various dermatological procedures including hair removal. IPL works by emitting a wavelength into the skin, which in the case of hair removal targets pigment. The light is absorbed by the pigment in the hair. It quickly turns to heat which then kills the growing cells that make the hair. In short, IPL helps to permanently reduce and eventually stop hair growth.

Black Peony is a premier beauty salon in Singapore that offers a wide range of hair removal and nails services. A plus point is that the salon uses the Vagaro system which allows customers to book their appointments online, making this process so much more convenient and flexible.

Upon arrival at Black Peony, I was brought into a cozy room and asked to change into a gown.



The IPL treatment process is actually really quick and simple. A generous layer cold gel was applied to my arms to help numb the area and shots are administered using the IPL machine.


I know the term "shots" sounds really scary, but it is a non-invasive process and I did not experience any pain or sensation. When I was googling online about IPL, I saw some reviews that they felt pain or tingling sensations from the shots but honestly, I did not feel any of these at all? However, as I am doing IPL for my arms, I am not sure about other areas that are more sensitive such as the face or Brazilian area.

It is important to note that you will not immediately become hairless after the first IPL treatment because IPL works on reducing hair growth progressively over several sessions. As such, I will be returning to Black Peony for my subsequent IPL treatment sessions and I will be updating here about the progress. So do check back to see if it works for yourself!

Black Peony is currently having their 8th Anniversary Promotion so if you are looking for IPL treatments or even waxing at affordable prices, you can check them out!

click on pic to enlarge




Black Peony
3 Everton Park, Singapore 080003
Tel: +65 9431 3913
Mon-Fri: 11.30am-8.30pm
Sat: 11.30am-4.30pm
Sun: Closed
http://www.black-peony.com

Cheers!

Labels: ,



IMG_1362
Jasmine ; Kokoro
www.jasminekokoro.blogspot.com

♔ Biography.

Oh HELLO!

I'm Jasmine, Singaporean and I loooooooove to shop and most importantly, sleep! I'm a 7 August 1998 baby, celebrate it with me.
I'm deeply in love with anything Japanese and that's one of the reason behind "kokoro"!
I'm a student, blogshop owner of thshopicrazy, and I blog!
Enjoy your stay here, because you're gonna come back here for more ♡.

For enquiries, advertorial and sponsorships, email
thshopicrazy@gmail.com
_____________________________________________
♔ Follow me.

@jasminekokoro
_____________________________________________
♔ Banners.

Email me at thshopicrazy@gmail.com for rates to place your ads.



Designer: themangacritic
Fonts (I) // Fonts (II) // Background // Icons // Blog Host // Picture Host // Chat box // JavaScript
Lyrics from the song "Welcome to our Party" by Arashi.

_____________________________________________
♔ Achieve & Past.